Saturday, October 6, 2012

Book Festival Fun-Part 2

Another musical act pulled me in with their siren song about macaroni and cheese.  The name of the band was Ernie and Neal and they were performing in the kid's tent.  Their music was fun without making my ears bleed.  If I had kids I probably would have picked up one of their Cds.  (can you spot the little boy who dressed himself today?) I especially liked the song called, "The Pink Pig Pancake Picnic Polka."






There was an entire children's section filled with lots of fun.




There was a puppet show to watch,

games to play,



and crafts to complete.






















What kid wouldn't want a set of Hamlet finger puppets?



I enjoyed walking through the Book Festival Gallery.  It was filled with illustrations from various books that were featured at the festival.




A large portion of the festival is made up of tables where authors promote their books.




I'm not much of a poet but the people who were in the poetry tent seemed to be having a good time.  They were working on composing poems about the animals they hate the most.  There was also a paint a haiku wall.


 
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment