Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Journey Part 5

At the appointment the doctor told me that I would have to have a procedure to fix my difficult cervix. Then we could move ahead with doing a frozen transfer with the remaining two embryos.

Though the frozen transfer went better than the previous transfer it was not successful. The nurse called to let me know that it had not worked and then once again told me that at some point someone would get back to me after the doctors met to review my case. Most likely I would hear from them in a month to a month and a half. It felt very much like being tossed out into the middle of the ocean and being told to keep treading water and at some point someone would come back for me. It was around this time that I started having serious doubts about fertility center 1. There were things here and there that I didn’t particularly like. It was a big practice and for each appointment you might be seen by any one of the many doctors. The same was true for the nurses and ultrasound techs. It felt as though you were an anonymous number on a constant moving assembly line. I figured that while I was waiting it might be a good idea to get a second opinion, especially since I didn’t exactly shop around for fertility centers I just went to the place that my ob/gyn recommended.

My husband and I had dinner with a couple we knew who were also in the midst of fertility treatments and had switched from my current center to another one. They were really great to talk with and confirmed that I wasn’t insane for having doubts about fertility center 1. They had difficulties with them as well and had felt the same way. They loved the new center they switched to and so the next day I called and was able to get a consultation that very week.

No comments:

Post a Comment