Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Adventure Begins!

I'm all READY!


   The good news of this week was that all of my liver tests came back completely normal!  Thank you to all of the people who had been praying about that.  It was a great relief.  The only odd thing that still remains are my low cell counts.  Basically I’m anemic even though my iron levels are good so I’m having more lab work done to see if there is any cause for it.  I’ve had trouble with my B12 in the past so that could be it or it may have just been a lingering illness or infection.  I’m praying that after this round of blood work they will be normal as well.

When I met with my infertility doctor last week he told me that moving forward with the fourth IVF would be pointless unless we wanted to use an egg donor which is at the very bottom of our list of options so…. we are officially going to begin the most excellent exciting journey of adoption!  I thought that a new destination called for a new blog look, hence the change.  We are very happy but suddenly it seems like so much stuff has to get done, especially if we want to get our application in before the end of the year.  The most important two things to do now are…

1)      I need to have my surgery to hopefully help my endometriosis.  I meet with the surgeon on Tuesday and hopefully I’ll have the surgery sometime within the next four months while I’m still on the Lupron.

2)      We need to start our major renovation.  We had already planned to tear apart our upstairs as it is currently a disaster (definitely not home study friendly) but we didn’t have any real timeline.  Now we feel like we really have to stop lollygagging and get a move on.  All of the supplies for

  “ the kid’s bathroom” arrived Thursday.  The contractor will be here sometime this week to assess the job and then hopefully we can get started in the next few weeks. 



Those are the two most important things for now and also lots of praying for the future member of our family and his or her birth family because we know the road that will lead our child to us will not be an easy road for all involved.

I really loved this video before but it seems to mean something very special now.



1 comment:

  1. Glad your test results were good and if you have any adoption questions, a good friend of mine who works at the Academy of Natural Sciences has adopted and probably give some useful pointers of how to go with the flow. Wishing you the best

    ReplyDelete