Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Change is good?





So after securing the final pre-surgery appointment with the hospital and submitting all of the necessary requests off for time for all of the appointments and finally completing all of the complicated state paper work for time off, the surgeon’s office called and said that one of the doctors on the team wasn’t available now for June 14th and my surgery would have to be moved to July 12th. The scheduler said “you must be super woman because everyone insists that they must be present for your surgery.”   I can’t say that I was too happy initially because I had put so much work into getting everything done on time and now I was going to have to reschedule everything and do all of the paper work again.  I took a deep breath and reminded myself to go with the flow and I feel much better about it now.

PROs of changing to July 12th

-          I get to go to the Phillies Fireworks game

-          I get to enjoy June’s Philly Night Market

-          I can spend the month of June playing in my garden instead of resting on the sofa

Cons of changing to July 12th

-          I now have to get one additional shot and be on Lupron for an additional month because my current dose will wear off at the end of June and I need to be flare free prior to surgery.

-          I can’t get out of Jury Duty.  My jury date was June 20th and originally I would have been recovering from surgery.
     -      Just last week my job had worked out the somewhat complex issue of covering my position.  They interviewed and hired a graduate student to do a summer internship so I would have had two weeks to train them.  They would have filled in for me while I was out and I would have come back before they went back to school.  Now with the dates thrown thrown off they may have to make adjustments for how my job will be covered and they will have to figure out exactly what the student will do now for a month and a half if I’m still hanging around (this was the thing I was the most upset about because I don’t like to inconvenience other people).



It didn’t take me as long as I thought to reschedule all of the various pre-surgery appointments and everyone was very nice (I guess this happens a lot).  So now I have to be very patient and wait one extra month before getting my endometriosis excised.


No comments:

Post a Comment