Wednesday, April 4, 2012

In which I propose that there be a Max Brenner's at the Hospital

Yummy hot chocolate from Max Brenner's that I really wouldn't be able to enjoy post surgery but it's nice to have a dream.


I finally got my call today regarding when my surgery will be.  As someone who thrives on schedules and plans I was anxiously (though patiently) waiting for this call.  The surgery will take place on June 14th (very happy I won’t miss the church picnic).  I’m excited because it will be at the fancy new Virtua Hospital in Voorhees and since there is a possibility that I may have to stay for a few days post surgery it would be nice to have a natural light filled private room (or so the website promises)

Fancy Hospital Room

I pass by the behemoth of a building at least once a week and I’ve been curious as to what the insides looked like; it’s kind of like Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory but not quite as fun or cool because after all it is a hospital. Maybe they should send you home with a bag of candy or even better maybe they should put a Max Brenner’s in the hospital. That would make the experience even better! Hopefully my curiosity will sustain and offer a smidgen of distraction from the reality of having to have people jab around at my innards and take out the rotten bits and pieces.

Big Fancy Hospital
    

Chocolate Factory.  Okay maybe they aren't really alike




I’ve had to juggle (jugglers at the hospital would be fun too, but not clowns. NEVER clowns) scheduling various appointments.  I need an ultrasound one week prior to the surgery, a dexascan a week before the ultrasound because I may not be able to lie that still after the surgery and the dexascan needs to be completed before my next rheumatology appointment which is two weeks after my surgery.  I already scheduled my post ultrasound/ pre-let’s talk about the surgery appointment with the surgeon.  I’ll also have to schedule all the pre-surgery paper work and have labs done at the hospital.  Whew, that’s a lot but so far it is going smoothly.  I like having things that I have to do while I’m waiting because I can focus more on my to- do list and I ruminate less on the scary taking a nap while people poke holes in my belly button part. 






Juggling Dr. Mario- Yes
Clown Doctor-NO








  

No comments:

Post a Comment