Tomorrow is my 34th birthday. Since my birthday occurs only two weeks after January 1st, I count January 13th as my official fresh start of a new year.
I’m not someone who laments getting older. This may partly be due to the fact that most people tell me that I look younger than my chronological age. I strongly believe that age does or at least should mean that one has grown wiser so the only thing that I would lament is if the past year had been one void of growth and learning, but grow I did and I have learned quite a bit.
- That God does answer prayers (giving me a new less stressful job) He just may not answer all of them at the same time.
- I am not as patient as I thought I was.
- People who take pictures of their cats and post them on facebook are perfectly sane people.
- If you don’t like a doctor look for another one. There are some really great doctors you just have to find them.
- Psalms really is a great book of the Bible to read when you feel troubled. Ezekiel, not so much.
- Having a wise, calm and supportive husband is better than all of the riches in the world.
- Having a sleeping kitty in your lap is often the best medicine.
- How to handle disappointment gracefully, though I still have a lot more learning to do.
- How to be thankful for the things that I view as not being so great (again I have a lot more learning to do)
- Though it’s not easy, you can survive a year filled with struggles and still feel hopeful about what the new year will bring.