Tuesday, September 6, 2016

My Travel Playlist



I was in middle school that Christmas. The Christmas when I unwrapped my super sweet duel cassette stereo. It was love at first sight. I immediately dove  into my shoe boxes filled with cassettes, carefully evaluating songs to see which ones were worthy to be on my first mix tape. 

So many years later, I still like making mix tapes, although now with the advancement of technology, they are called playlists. My tween and teen mix tapes were filled with angst and unrequited love. As an adult, I like making playlists to energize and inspire. 

As we were planning our trip to Colorado, I realized that I didn't have a playlist to get me excited about travel. I have Disney park music, and I always listen to Bob Marley before an island trip, but I didn't have a general, let's-go-on-an-adventure- it's- great- to- be- alive playlist.

I wasn't sure where to start, so I reach out to others for suggestions. I posed the question on twitter. I got zero responses. Fortunately, I am a member of the Budget-Minded Traveler Facebook Group. I asked for travel playlist suggestions, and boy did I get responses. After sifting through numerous songs, I created My Travel Playlist. 

1) What We Live For (American Authors)
        - I actually heard this song playing in a store at the mall and knew it had 
          to be on my playlist

2) Renegades (X Ambassadors)  (sorry Joe Hughes if you read my blog)

3) Go Big or Go Home (American Authors)




4) Day to Feel Alive (Jake Reese) 

5) I'm Born to Run (American Authors)

6) Something Wild (Lindsey Stirling, Featuring Andrew McMahon) 
        - I feel like this song pretty much sums up the past few years of my life 



7) Just One Day (Mighty Oaks)

8) On Top of the World (Imagine Dragons)
     - This one was recently added. It reminds me of being in Colorado.

9) Horchata (Vampire Weekend)
      - I love the lyric, pincher crabs that pinch at your sandals. It reminds me of the 
        time we were having dinner in Costa Rica at Rockin' J's. Someone yelled, 
        "feet up," and everyone lifted up their feet as a big crab scuttled through the                    restaurant          
          
10) I Wish I Could Go Traveling Again (Stacey Kent)
       - If you like jazz, I highly recommend Stacey Kent's 
         Breakfast on the Morning Tram Album

11) Good Life (One Republic)




12) Old Pine (Ben Howard)




13) Follow The Sun (Xavier Rudd)




14) Fly Away (Distant Cousins) 

15) Paradise (Coldplay)

16) Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah) (Andy Grammer) 



Do you have a favorite travel/it's great to be alive song? Comment below and let me know. I'm always looking for more to add to the playlist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment