Tuesday, April 22, 2014

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Saturday was Record Store Day. Being lovers of music, we celebrated at one of the coolest music stores around, Main Street Music in Manayunk.

With it being such a lovely day, everyone was out and about, checking out the music fun.


We weren't sure. Maybe a bachelor party?
There was lots of music for sale, both new and gently loved.  The search is all part of the fun. 
I found a few things to bring home (some selections due to Buffy, GAR podcast, and Collingswood Second Saturday).
Once our hunger for music was satiated, we decided to satiate our hunger for food. Fortunately Lucky's Last Chance was conveniently located across the street.


Lucky's Last Chance has a menu filled with interesting burgers and hot dogs.  I decided to go with the People's Choice winner of the 2013 Philadelphia Burger Brawl, the Peanut Butter and Bacon burger.  
I know, I know. You're thinking that it sounds too weird or kind of gross, but it's not what you think. It is not like eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on top of a burger. The peanut butter isn't sweet and the grape jelly is only a little sweet, so the combination gave the bacon cheese burger a salty-sweet vibe. It was yummy.  With my burger, I ordered the Main Street fries. They were krinkle cut fries covered in an old bay cheese sauce, so instead of the old bay dusting the fries, it was mixed into the cheese sauce.  They were delicious! I definitely want to go back to try some of the other burgers that my eating companions ordered like the Big Fat Greek burger and the El Guapo burger.   

Our bellies were super full after our lunch, so a walk was in order...hey a bookstore!
All of the best bookstores have resident cats.
We liked their book categories. 
I was excited to see one of my favorite reads of 2013, Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets, on the shelf. It was even signed by the author.  I wanted to thrust the book into someone's hands and convince them to take it home.


We are always willing to do our part to give books a good home.
After book shopping, it still seemed like something was missing from our day...oh look, ice cream.

It was a great Record Store Day.  

If you didn't get to celebrate on Saturday, I recommend stopping by your local music store sometime this month. Be sure to show them some love by buying a cd or two. 

1 comment: